December 17/2014 :: Press Release: New Official Cirrus Service Center in Norway
The Danish aviation company Air Service Vamdrup ApS has been appointed Cirrus Service
Center in Norway as of January 1st 2015. The authorization means better service to Scandinavian
- and particularly Norwegian - Cirrus aircraft owners as it will be practiced centrally from
the company's facilities at Eggemoen Aviation & Technology Park just outside Hønefoss.
> Read full press release
November 12/2014 :: Special Edition: Guimbal Cabri G2 - Newsletter
> See our special edition newsletter, dedicated to the Cabri G2.
October 8/2014 :: Announcement: TBM Service Center
We are proud to announce that we have become the latest member of the
TBM Customer Support Network as an approved TBM Service Center.
> Read full press release from Daher-SOCATA (pdf opens in new window)
> Mentioned in AIN Reports, Newsletter (no. 3 from the top)
September 18/2014 :: Photos from our Norwegian branch
> September photos from Eggemoen (September 2014)
> Action at Eggemoen (August 2014)
> Everyday life at Eggemoen (April 2014)
August 6/2014 :: See our new case from Russia
> Changing a Skin Panel on a PC-12 in Russia
June 6/2014 :: Norwegian EASA approval
We are happy to announce that we have been approved as an EASA Part145 workshop facility in Norway by the EASA. The approval is an extension of our Danish authorization, which means that we now have the formal approval to operate a base station in Norway. The approval has been celebrated in our new facilities with aircraft and helicopter demonstrations and "open hangar", including lots of Norwegian guests.
Our new maintenance center in Norway is located at Eggemoen Aviation & Technology Park at Hønefoss, approx. 60 km northwest of Oslo.
In Norway, our capabilities are almost the same as in Denmark, including e.g.:
- Robinson Service Center
- Pilatus PC12 Service Center
- TBM Service Center
- Centurion Installation Center
- All Cirrus, Cessna, Piper aircraft etc.
- Annex II aircraft, incl. Chipmunk and Piper Cub
... and more!
May 1/2014 :: May Newsletter
May 24th we are happy to invite you to a Spring demo and fly-in day at our new facilities at Eggemoen Aviation & Technology Park in Hønefoss, approx. 60 km northwest of Oslo, Norway. We will welcome you in our large hangar, and during the day, you can experience demos and technical reviews of both the French Guimbal Cabri G2 helicopter and our Cessna 172 with diesel engine.
> Read full newsletter
March 17/2014 :: Spring is here - March Newsletter
Spring is here, and another flight season waits around the corner. Our fresh newsletter contains a selection of our lastest company news, and we hope you will find topics of interest to you. Clear, blue sky - and many happy landings! Enjoy!
- Expanding to Norway
- New diesel demonstrator
- New Cabri
- UK parterships
- Automatical return to neutral attitude
- Enhanced vision systems
- New partnership: Helicopter special equipment
> Read newsletter
March 10/2014 :: Swedish flying club: From frustration to happiness
Case: Centurion diesel engine aircraft for Swedish flying club.
Result: Excellent performance and massive hourly fuel (and price!) reduction.
In 2013, a Swedish flight club acquired a Piper PA28 Cadet (reg.no. D-EHLD, now: SE-LXR) with a Centurion diesel engine. We have made a small log here to describe to you their process - from frustration to happiness.
About the Flying Club and its needs
Western Gästrike Flight Club was founded 50 years ago and currently has 100 members, including 20 active pilots. The flying club is located 200 km north of Stockholm and has its own airfield - with very well kept flying club facilities.
“Over the years, we have traditionally flown Piper and Cessna aircraft and also invested in ultra light aircraft for a number of years now”, said Alf Persson, who is responsible for Private Pilot License (PPL) in the flying club. “The majority of our ultra light flying is increasing, and we currently have 9 students training to become pilots.”
The club had a PA28, reg.no. SE-FFF, equipped with a traditional aircraft engine, and it was very expensive in terms of fuel costs: Approx. 850 SEK/ hour (equal to EUR 97/ hour, ed.). As a result, the aircraft was standing in the hangar day after day, not being used by the pilots. “It was simply too expensive to take it out for a spin”, Alf Persson explains.
> See and read full case incl. photos etc.
February 21/2014 :: Danish Aviation Company expands to Norway (press release)
Danish aviation company Air Service Vamdrup ApS has just signed an agreement regarding the establishment of an aircraft service center with Pilatus Center Nordic Countries – in Norway. The service center will be based at Eggemoen Aviation & Technology Park, where Air Service Vamdrup will also be servicing most other small aircraft, business aircraft and helicopters.
Air Service Vamdrup ApS has just signed an agreement regarding the establishment of an aircraft service center with Pilatus Center Nordic Countries, Tronrud Engineering AS. – We are extremely pleased that we now have the agreement, said Torben Biehl Jensen, Business Development Director at Air Service Vamdrup ApS. The center will be a so-called EASA Part145 maintenance facility situated in Norway at Eggemoen Aviation & Technology Park at Hønefoss, approx. 60 km northwest of Oslo.
> Read the full press release (pdf)
December 22/2013 :: Newsletter December 2013
Another year is coming to an end, and we have had a very busy year with so many wonderful experiences and jobs. We are grateful to be in this wonderful industry called aviation! Not two days are alike, not two aircraft are alike… And we love it!
Read our December 2013 highlight newsletter (opens in new window, pdf)
December 16/2013 :: 2013 highlights at Air Service Vamdrup
- Air Service Vamdrup: 25th anniversary 1988-2013
- Flysyn Camo got their own office pavilion, incl. meeting room and offices for Air Service Vamdrup
- 4 ea new aircraft registrations (Pilatus PC12)
- 4 ea Flight Data Recorder installations (own STC), (Pilatus PC12)
- 3 ea EGPWS installations (Pilatus PC12)
- More than 25 aircraft inspections (Pilatus PC12)
- 2 ea 10-year inspections (incl. wing dismantling to exchange wing bushings), (Pilatus PC12)
- 2 ‘beached’ aircraft picked up in Kyzyl, Siberia
- Our Guimbal Cabri G2 helicopter has reached a total of 600 hrs. (since May 2012), now mo-gas approved for flight training
- New registration of Danish AS350 helicopter, incl. installation of equipment for operation in Greenland and for AOC
- New registration of Falcon 7X incl. workshop approval
- Sales of 13 aircraft: SE-FFF, SE-IMA, OY-ATT, OY-DKK, OY-CMB, OY-BAB, OY-BCB, OY-FHV, OY-OBV, OY-BKY, OY-BBI, OY-BAZ, OY-BCU
- Purchase of Cessna 172 Centurion demonstrator and ordering of new Centurion 2.0S diesel engine conversion kit
- Purchase of TB20 plus mounting of new 3-blade propeller and engine overhauled at our engine shop
- Renewal of Centurion Dealer agreement with new owner (Continental Motors)
- Installation of 2 ea FLIR cameras in AS350 helicopter
- 7 new employees, incl. 1 new apprentice
- Gippsland Airvan Service Center
- Socata TB / TMB service Center
- Honeywell Service Center
- Exclusive agreements with 2 UK companies regarding propeller and engine overhaul
- AP-DOA (mini-DOA) approval
- Ordering of new Guimbal Cabri G2 helicopter for delivery Dec. 2014
December 16/2013 :: Press Release:
‘Low Cost – Best Quality’ Propeller Overhauls in Scandinavia
Danish Aviation company Air Service Vamdrup ApS and UK based maintenance
and propeller overhaul shop General Aero Services Ltd. sign agreement to provide
‘low cost – best quality’ overhauls to the Scandinavian and Northern European